Dosa is a popular south Indian dish. It looks like a crepe and can be made plain or stuffed with potatoes masala. The original recipe is made with lentils and rice but to make it high protein and low carb, I make it mixed with lentils.
Dosa can be eaten during any meal of the day. It is healthy, full of nutrients and easy to make!
This recipe makes instant dosa and doesn’t require any fermentation.
Ingredients for dosa:
¾ cup moong daal (lentil)
¾ cup toor daal
¾ cup urad daal
1 tsp methi (fenugreek) seeds
½ tsp salt
5 cups of water to soak
- Wash all your lentils together and soak them in water along with fenugreek seeds. Keep them soaked for 4-5 hours.
- After 4-5 hours drain all the lentils and don’t throw away the water as it has lots of nutrients in it.
- Add your lentils and fenugreek seeds to a blender and add ½ tsp of salt to it. Add some water that was used for soaking to blender and start blending. The consistency shouldn’t be very thin, it should be smooth like pancake batter. Add more water if needed.
- Heat a nonstick pan or tawa and add few drops of oil to it. When the pan or tawa is hot enough, pour a big ladle full of batter and spread it evenly in a round shape. Be gentle while spreading so it doesn’t break.
- Brush little oil to the sides. Let the dosa cook until it starts turning brown. When you see brown colour, brush very little oil on top of dosa. Let it cook for another minute or so, until it becomes crispy.
- Add potatoes masala in the middle and fold the dosa in half and serve it hot.
- Dosa can be eaten with coconut chutney and sambar. Enjoy!
Hope you give this recipe a try! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.
Eat healthy and be happy!