Besan puda is a Indian crepe made with Besan (gram flour). It’s a tasty Indian dish which can be eaten during breakfast or lunch.
Besan puda is also very good to eat when you have cold.
2 cups Besan (Gram flour)
1 finely Chopped small onion
1 finely chopped green chilly
2 tb spoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 tsp crushed dry methi (fenugreek leaves)
½ tsp grated ginger
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp ajwain seeds
Salt to taste
1 ¼ cup of water to make batter
Coconut oil for cooking
Making Besan Puda:
- In a bowl mix gram flour, onions, green chilly, coriander, fenugreek leaves together.
- Add water to make batter of little spreading consistency.
- Add cumin seeds, grated ginger, salt, ajwain* seeds and mix well.
- In a pan spread little bit of oil and pour ⅓ cup of batter and spread like pancakes and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Put little bit of oil on sides. When you notice the top getting little dry or bottom is golden brown, turn the side.
- Let the other side cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put little bit of coconut oil on both sides so it’s not dry.
Enjoy Besan Puda with yogurt, chutney and pickle. You can also use it as a tortilla and make it into a wrap.
This puda is full of iron, fibre and protein.
Please give this recipe a try and leave your comments below.
Eat healthy and be happy!