Quinoa is an excellent alternative to rice and is easier to cook. It is much healthier choice as it is high in protein.
2 cups quinoa
3 celery stalks
1 orange or red pepper
1 cup boiled chickpeas
1 cup boiled kidney beans
½ cup cranberries
½ cup chopped cilantro
4 cups of water to cook quinoa
¼ cup of homemade vinaigrette
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
¼ cup olive oil
Juice of 3 lemons
1 ½ tsp of dry basil
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients for vinaigrette in a small jar. Close the jar and shake it well. Your vinaigrette is ready!
Making Quinoa Salad:
- Chop all the vegetables into bite size pieces and put aside.
- Boil quinoa in water for 10 min and take off the stove. Keep it covered and leave it aside for 5 min and fluff it with fork.
- Add all the cute vegetables to the quinoa.
- Add cilantro and cranberries.
- Pour vinaigrette on top and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours and serve it cold.
You can enjoy this quinoa salad as a snack, as full lunch or as a side with fish or chicken.
Please try this recipe and if you have any questions or comments please leave it below. Enjoy!
Eat healthy and be happy!!