Chow Mein is a popular Chinese stir fry dish. In this quick and easy recipe, along with chicken, you can use any vegetables and make it colourful and nutritious.
2 pounds of chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
2 red peppers cut into bite size pieces
2 yellow peppers cut into bite size pieces
4 bok choys roughly chopped
½ lbs mushrooms cut into bite size pieces
One bunch of green onions
2 carrots julienned
1 small onion cut into small pieces
3 small cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 inch of grated ginger
2 tb spoons of cooking oil
⅓ tsp Black pepper
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of dry basil
7-8 leaves of fresh basil
1 ½ tb spoons of soya sauce
4-5 drops of sesame oil
1 tb spoon of oyster sauce
1 ½ tb spoon of chinese cooking wine
Chow Mein noodles
Making Chow Mein:
- Boil chow mein noodles as per the instructions on the packet and keep aside
- In a wok heat oil. Add ginger and garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes on medium high.
- Add chicken and cook it until it is not pink anymore.
- Add in onions and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all your vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Add salt, black pepper and dry basil. Don’t overcook the vegetables, they should be crunchy.
- Add in the cooked chow mein noodles, soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cooking wine and fresh basil. Mix well and serve hot. Enjoy!
Please try this recipe and leave your comments and questions below.
Eat healthy and be happy!